About the Artist
My name is Susan, and I am the owner, designer and maker behind QuirkySue’s.
* I am in my 40’s, have been married to my highschool sweetheart for 25 years, and am the mother of two amazing adult daughters.
* I live in HOPE, which as far as town names go is the BEST.NAME.EVER.
Hope is a tiny community of about 5000, nestled at the base of several mountains at the eastern end of the Fraser Valley in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. It is a land of lush green forests, rivers and waterfalls, and abundant wildlife. I love where I live. I live in HOPE.
How I got here:
Midlife crisis, and a fridge magnet that reminded me “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.”
September 2015 was the turning point for me, and the beginning of my obsession. I absolutely LOVE making and creating, and I am following my bliss in every sense by dedicating my focus and energy toward developing this business.
* I am a vegetarian, and most likely will transition eventually to vegan. It’s such a big part of who I am now that it’s important that I mention that. (I have a vegetarian foodie instagram account @ eat.green.food)
* I was born on Halloween, which makes me a Scorpio. I’ve been told I’m an old soul, an earth angel and/or a lightworker by those who claim to know such things. (shrug) Maybe, maybe not. I believe I am becoming more empathic and intuitive, more connected.
- I currently have braces, and will have for 18 months. This is a *really big deal* for me because I have wanted to fix my teeth for over 30 years! IG:@metalmouthmom if you wanna follow my progress!
* I love crystals. Especially Labradorite and Larimar. Also quartz points or clusters, including its variations such as amethyst and citrine. I have them throughout my home, even in the bathroom, in my garden, and hanging from the rear view mirror in my vehicles. Many of them were found on Ebay, and Instagram, but I also support many of the local crystal shops. I often stop to pick up agates, jasper and pyrite that I find in our gravel driveway so there’s usually a rock in my pocket or a pile of them on our front doorstep!
* I love my life. That may sound cheesy but it’s true! I am so appreciative and thankful that things are always working out for me. I believe in the Law of Attraction. If you don’t know what that is, look it up. Attitude and intention is everything!