About the Artist
My name is Susan, and I am the owner, designer and maker behind QuirkySue’s.
* I am in my mid 40’s, have been married to my highschool sweetheart for over 25 years, and am the mother of two amazing adult daughters.
* I live in HOPE, which as far as town names go is the BEST.NAME.EVER.
Hope is a tiny community of about 5000, nestled at the base of several mountains at the eastern end of the Fraser Valley in beautiful British Columbia, Canada. It is a land of lush green forests, rivers and waterfalls, and abundant wildlife. I love where I live. I live in HOPE.
How I got here:
Midlife crisis, and a fridge magnet that reminded me “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.”
September 2015 was the turning point for me, and the beginning of my obsession. I absolutely LOVE making and creating, and I am following my bliss in every sense by dedicating my focus and energy toward developing this business.
* I am a vegetarian, and have been since July 2015. I don't think I will ever eat meat again.
* I was born on Halloween, which makes me a Scorpio. I’ve been told I’m an old soul, an earth angel and/or a lightworker by those who claim to know such things. (shrug) Maybe, maybe not. I believe I am becoming more empathic and intuitive, more connected.
* I got my motorcycle learner's license last year at age 45, and absolutely LOVE riding my little Honda Rebel 250.
* I love crystals. Especially Labradorite and Larimar. Also quartz points or clusters, including its variations such as amethyst and citrine. I have them throughout my home, even in the bathroom, in my garden, and hanging from the rear view mirror in my vehicles. Many of them were found on Ebay, and Instagram, but I also support many of the local crystal shops.
* I love my life. That may sound cheesy but it’s true! I am so appreciative and thankful that things are always working out for me. I believe in the Law of Attraction. If you don’t know what that is, look it up. Attitude and intention is everything!